Introduction to working with sex offenders
'Sex offender awareness' is a course for any non-specialist who wants to improve their understanding of sexual offending and sexual awareness.
The course covers key questions around sexual offending, including:
- What causes sexual offending?
- What types of sexual offending are there?
- How do sex offenders operate?
- What is the law around sexual offending and sexual harm?
- What are the most effective ways to reduce offending?
- How do organisations with concerns access support and advice?
- How is offender risk assessed and managed?
- How can we keep ourselves, our service users and our colleagues safe?
The answers to these questions constitute a solid background for attendees, giving them confidence that they understand and can respond to sexual offenders in their working and everyday lives.